Friday, January 4, 2013

Might As Well

This has been a thought that's been on my mind so I figured I might as well just go for it now since I can't seem to sleep. It's a thought that has resurfaced my mind often enough for it to cause an unrest in me. 

Isn't this what people do anyways? People wait and procrastinate. Perhaps until the it's perfect timing or when things are all lined up correctly. Or they just say I'll start on it tomorrow. And then when tomorrow comes and you're lying in your bed again realizing you didn't do what the night before you said today would have been the perfect day to do. and so you tell yourself again, this time with more confidence, "I'll do it tomorrow." And the cycle continues.

But now that New Years has arrived and people make their resolutions, things seem to actually change. I remember when my family would go the YMCA on a regular basis, on Mondays the gym was full and I had to scout for a free treadmill. But Thursday come around, I could have all the treadmills to myself. 

In the beginning of the week everyone said "let's do it! Today is the day!" And then come Thursday they fell back on their old routine. It's kind of sad but I admire them because at least they tried. Here I sit telling myself "tomorrow," but right now in this moment I choose now. I can't keep on crafting a perfect plan only to realize all the right conditions will never be met so I'll never start.

So right now I choose to stop being my lazy, idealistic, complacent self and do something instead of just sit here and think and ponder my life away as I always do. I choose to once again share my thoughts because I refuse to believe the lie I've seemed to have believed for a long time. God made me and by default I have worth and so do my thoughts.

So if you care to read on, perhaps, I'll share something enlightening, perhaps something silly. Mayhaps even both. Whatever the case, here goes nothing. I have nothing to lose so I might as well. 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment